Right off the bat, there were two big takeaways from the June 29, 2017 SLCHUG workshop:
- A lot of SLCHUGgers have really swaggy offices
- The HubSpot Content Optimization System (COS) and its related tools can do a ton for you, whether you know a boatload of code or get dizzy at the faintest hint of HTML
Both points come courtesy of our hosts at SolutionReach, a healthcare patient engagement company in Lehi. Check them out here - and keep the site open, because they put the COS to use in several interesting ways.
The office was awesome, but still enhanced by the Mo Bettah Steaks lunch and Coke mix-up machine.
The content was even better, since the COS is often a source of pain for those of us who approach HubSpot from the content creation side of things instead of a web design and development background.
The slides are shared below, and there's a lot of good stuff in there. I'll provide a brief recap, and call out a few specific examples.
Basically, the COS is a CMS. It’s the platform on which you build your websites, blogs, landing pages, and so on. With HubSpot’s COS all of those live within the HubSpot ecosystem, so you get your analytics,
If you don’t do design, HubSpot offers a template marketplace, which allows you to buy pre-made, customization-ready websites, landing pages, blogs, emails, and more. (Word on the street is there’s also a module marketplace coming soon. Think Wordpress plugins, except built for HubSpot by HubSpotters.)
Most templates and COS sites are mobile-responsive out of the box, which is critical. Google will BEAT YOU DOWN if you’re not mobile friendly.
The bigger benefit is a close arrangement with your content and the HubSpot ecosystem. So you can get your analytics, forms, workflows, lead flows, A/B testing, smart content, all on the same page.
Still have the SolutionReach homepage pulled up? Heck yes you do.
On that page you’ll notice a few things. First, a banner call-to-action at the top, either offering a piece of content or a gift card/free trial proposition. That’s a smart CTA, loading 50/50 for visitors.
Wait a few seconds and another CTA will appear in the lower right corner. The Amazon one again. Give it a click. That’s a lead flow - check out this recent event recap for my pro-popup presentation.
If you want to see how some of the smart elements on SolutionReach (or any other site), pop it open in your browser’s incognito mode.
Anyway, now that you’re armed with some free Amazon dollars from SolutionReach, check out these resources
One final note before the slides and housekeeping stuff: one undersold benefit of using the COS is all of the non-HubSpot tools that connect to your pages and your portal.
- Lucky Orange
- Google Analytics and Tag Manager
- and more
Enough from me, here are the slides. Thank for coming out (or skipping the meeting and just reading this recap)!
One last bit: check out this video Doc put together. It’s the latest in his daily vlog series, which are quite fun to watch.
- Next Meeting: Intensive at Access Development. Look for more info in the coming days, but this event is for you if you’re a HubSpot user who is interested in learning and sharing your expertise with a small group.
- Inbound: Get it on your calendars and use Doc’s code when you register to get a discounted pass.
- Contests: there’s no real Inbound contest among HUGs, but we have the opportunity to get some big time speakers like Brian Halligan, Conan O’Brien, Dharmesh Shah, or Lars Ulrich. All you gotta do? Keep coming to our events and bring your friends!
- Slack: We’ve got a good community going on Slack. Join it by clicking here.
- Come speak with us: One of the reasons we knew Cameron would be a great presenter is he filled out this form to speak to SLCHUG. Do it, because I know you have genius wisdom to share with our crowd.
- Connect with us: Finally, be sure to join our LinkedIn Group, and follow us on Twitter and Facebook. Sign up for our updates on the home page as well.
Doc and I are volunteers - this group belongs to you, so the more involved you get, the more this group will reflect what you want it to be.
Thanks for being involved!